POSITIVE BEHAVIOR INTERVENTIONS AND SUPPORTS
PBIS stands for Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports and is based on principles of applied behavior analysis and the prevention approach and values of positive behavior support. Access this course to dive into the specifics of PBIS and begin implementing this method in your setting.
COURSE OBJECTIVES & AIMS
This course module serves as an introduction to PBIS. Following completion of this course module, you should be able to:
- name and describe the 3 levels of support in PBIS,
- identify 3-5 behavioral expectations for your school/classroom,
- apply PBIS to your setting and identify students that need varying levels of support, and
- use progress monitoring and other resources to implement PBIS.
IMMEDIATE CLASSROOM ACTION
- Tools, supports, resources, and examples to help you set up a PBIS system in your own setting
TAKE THIS COURSE IF...
- You have heard the term PBIS, but aren't really sure what it means and would like to know more.
- You're looking for a change in your current behavior investment system.
- You are interested in positive behavior management that moves away from consequences and discipline.